Native "Duplicate" state or option

We have duplicate tasks often. Sometimes, they’ll even be updated with comments and other history before realizing it’s a duplicate. It would be great to have a “Mark as duplicate” functionality, which archives the duplicate task but keeps the history available within the still-existing task. We are hacking this with a “Duplicate” status (type = Cancelled), but that makes these show up in unnecessary places, causing more confusion.

Hey, Jeff! I was just about to suggest creating a Duplicate status (which is what we use internally,) but you’re correct in that tasks marked as Duplicate won’t be hidden from the workspace. For what it’s worth, we’re working on implementing automations so you may be able to configure this flow once automations are fully supported.

As is, I’ll file your request with the team for consideration – thanks!

This was one of our biggest pains w/ shortcut.com and one of (many) reasons why we’re moving to height.app

@Akila_Triggs - How did you make an Automation that any task w/ a “Duplicate” Status, will be hidden from the workspace?

This is what i’ve done for now:

1 Like

Hey, Jon! Our internal team keeps track of dupes so we don’t want them hidden/archived, but your automated flow is a nice workaround :+1:t5: