[Feature] Ability to remove keyboard shortcuts

It would be very helpful to be able to unassign a keyboard shortcut from a command. Currently, we can change the shortcut, but there’s no way (that I can see) of deleting/removing/unassigning a shortcut. This would be useful if we want to reassign that shortcut to another command. When doing that now, I get a helpful warning saying this shortcut is assigned twice, but no way of removing it from the old command.

1 Like

I noticed this too! Either it’s an oversight, or it’s just not obvious…

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Tammer! You can actually edit shortcuts from the Command palette (cmd+k) by hovering at the right edge of the command. On hover, an Edit prompt will appear and you can change the shortcut from there.
Hope this helps!

Thanks, @Akila_Triggs , but I don’t see a way of removing the shortcut from that menu either. Am I just missing something?

Default shortcuts can’t be removed (only edited,) but you can remove/clear custom shortcuts by hovering and pressing the little arrow:
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.46.18 AM

Thank you! This is the feature that we are asking for: the ability to clear or delete default shortcuts.–

1 Like

Happy to hear it and happy I could help!

Sorry, I think I wasn’t clear: This feature doesn’t exist. We’d like to be able to clear or delete default shortcuts.

Ack, noted :sweat_smile: