Set default task form

It would be nice to set the default task form to a custom task form rather than the built in default. This would help us to enforce standards when creating tasks, since not everyone remembers to use the forms.

1 Like

Hi, Gordon! I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “default task form.” Can you give a bit more info regarding your use case?

When you click the + button to create a new task, there’s a built in “form” that Height provides to fill in, as opposed to using one of the customer task forms you can create and pick from in the create task dropdown to use. So by “default form” I would mean a form that would always show up first if you clicked on the create new task + button before you potentially picked another one in the drop down.

My goal is to use a form to nudge folks to create better tasks. I’d like to be able to do things like remind them to fill in certain fields, give them prompts, etc. rather than letting them have the free-form create task view they get initially now without selecting a form.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clarifying! I’ll get this feedback/request filed for consideration. For what it’s worth, one workaround would be to pin the preferred Task form to the toolbar of the list for users to quickly, easily, and immediately use the form to create new tasks. More info on how to pin Task forms to a list’s toolbar can be found here :slight_smile: