Calculated fields

I would like to reflect the R.I.C.E. formula for product management prioritization in Height. Do you plan to support calculated fields?

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, Constantin! You can capture the RICE formula in Height by creating two different Custom attributes. The first would be a single-select type custom attribute called “RICE” (where the options are each component of the formula: reach, impact, confidence, and effort.) The second would be a text type custom attribute called “RICE value.”

Once both attributes have been created, you can tag tasks with them as needed. For example, tagging tasks as “impact” and then entering “5” in the “RICE value” field. Throughout a single list, you can then section (and subsection) tasks based on the RICE attribute to group all Reach tasks, Impact tasks, etc. together and then configure the totals (or averages) of the specific rice values.

Let me know if this helps, or if you need more clarity!

Sorry, I realized I should have added some more details to my question.

I’m basically looking to replicate this: https://support.productboard.com/hc/en-us/articles/4425557902099-Use-the-RICE-score-formula-to-decide-what-to-build-next

I would like to assign Reach, Impact, Confidence, and Effort values for each task and then have the RICE formula be auto calculated: (Reach x Impact x Confidence) / Effort.

Ahhh, I see. Not yet doable but I’ll get this request filed for tracking :slight_smile: