Expand/hide button functions are so inconsistent

*for those tasks with subtasks

1. While subtask hidden
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 3.44.31 PM

2. Task expanded, expecting the subtasks to be shown here, but they’re hidden again, I have to click on the ‘show all N subtask’ button to see the actual subtasks
    What’s the reason behind this? I thought maybe this had to do with the number of subtasks there are, but that doesn’t seem to be the case (second screenshot here has only one subtask but still hidden after expanding the task)
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 3.44.35 PM
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 3.51.28 PM

3. And some tasks when expanded, it doesn’t require me to click on ‘show all N subtasks’ button, and this doesn’t comply with the logic from
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 3.53.53 PM

Either the functions and logic seem very complex that I’m not understanding how to use this or the application itself is working inconsistently (or perhaps bugs?)
Please help me understand or consider enhancing the UX… having a really tough time trying to get used to this application.

Hi, Bruno! Thanks for flagging this. I agree that our UX can perhaps be a bit more intuitive so I’ll raise that to the team. Essentially, hidden subtasks are based on view settings – namely the Section by or Subsection by view settings.

As you know, subtasks can have different attributes from their parent task; thus, if a list is Sectioned by Priority, in the High task section, any subtask whose priority isn’t high, won’t immediately be shown.

Another example is hidden subtasks that are marked as Done. If the list is configured to hide all completed tasks, completed subtasks will be hidden.

TLDR; the hidden logic is based on a lightweight filter that is essentially hiding the subtasks that don’t match the filter (of the section setting, of the show completed setting, etc.)

Let me know if you have any other questions!