[Feature Request] Date Filters for Specific Dates

I need to create smartlists that filter by date ranges, such as 12/1/22 - 12/31/22, using static dates (not a reference to how many days ago that was). I need the dates in the smartlist to stay static, and not change as time goes by.

For example, I want to find all the bugs where CreatedAt is between 12/1/22 and 12/31/22.

There’s no way to enter a date, just a mentally painful calculation of how many days ago that was. When I come back in a few days, the number of days has changed and I have to recalculate the “days ago” all over again, hope I didn’t miss one on the edge, etc.

If this could be a single filter (between or within) rather than 2 filters (on or after, and then on or before), that would be best, so that if OR operators are someday supported we could do OR with two dates.

My ultimate goal is to write a smartlist filter like so:
lists = bugs AND
(CreatedAt is between 12/1/22 and 12/31/22 OR CompletedAt is between 12/1/22 and 12/31/22)

Is there a way to do this now? I’ve been exporting multiple times and combining the data in google sheets, which is really time consuming :frowning:

Hey, Beth! This smart list parameter is actually doable, albeit a multi-step, under the hood flow. Essentially, after filtering Created at to is within, update the default filter of x days ago to be exact range and specify the dates by selecting them on the calendar dropdown.

exact date smart list

You can replicate this flow for any date parameter, including Completed at.

Let me know if this helps!

Hi - that’s what I am looking for!

1 Like

Awesome! Happy to have helped :muscle:t5: