[FEATURE REQUEST] Enhanced calendar view (Roadmap, Gantt, efforts, ...)

Apologies if anyone has raised this before.

Currently it is possible to set a due date and see it on the calendar, but there is no way to set and show where it starts. I love that task dependencies still show on the calendar.

Is there a way to dynamically be able to stretch a task from the day it starts to the day it is due over the calendar boxes? It would help to maintain realistic goals and identify conflicting tasks. Personally I believe it is a more realistic way to estimate efforts -the time it takes to complete them, rather than “guess-timating”, and the calendar view is well engineered to provide that information visually.

Alternatively, the calendar view could remain as is without having tasks stretching over the boxes and introduce a Roadmap view which is basically everything I’ve said above but the boxes are now columns, and the tasks are rows, like a Gantt chart…

I trust that you would go above and beyond what I’ve said to make it awesome.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi, Robert!

We are actively working to implement gantt charts into our interface to allow for a more streamlined monitoring of task progression. Though there is no confirmed ETA, we envision the release being a stellar addition to the user experience and we look forward to its launch!

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to Gantt charts (aka Roadmaps, or whatever you call them) but what about the calendar feature Robert asked about above:

…but there is no way to set and show where [the task] starts? Is there a way to dynamically be able to stretch a task from the day it starts to the day it is due over the calendar boxes?

This would be a really welcomed feature upgrade to the calendar.

p.s. If you’re feeling generous with calendar features - allow users to color code tasks on the calendar according to different criteria.

Hey, David!

There is currently no way to extend a task across the calendar, but I’ve made note of your request, and will add it (and the color coding) to the list for possible improvements.

Thanks!

1 Like