Save View State and Filters between sessions

Every time I close my browser/re-open I have to reset the views on my lists to Kanban (instead of spreadsheet), re-enable certain filters, and reorder kanban lists (I like on-hold to be after Done)

Would be nice if my view state settings were saved :slight_smile:

Brave Version 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey, Alex! Very strange that your view settings are’t being saved. A few questions to help investigate the issue:

1. is this a single-user workspace or is this shared with other users (who can possible update views on their end?)
  2. are you selecting Save in the Unsaved changes banner that appears in the bottom right corner when you update the view?

Hey Akila!

1. It’s a shared workspace, BUT these are the “assigned to me” and “subscribed by me” lists that I’m changing the views on.

2. I don’t get a “save” banner in the bottom right corner when I update the view.

Appreciate your help!

-Alex

Hey, Alex! I’ve put this on our team’s radar to dig into. Are you able to provide a screenrecording of what happens on your end?

Hey Akila,

Here’s a quick video.

Let me know if you need more from me!

-Alex

Thanks so much for the video, Alex! After come further digging we discovered that you’re unable to save view settings because you’re listed as a guest in the workspace. We don’t currently allow guests to save view/filter settings, but as is, I’ll file this report as a feature request for guest permissions.

Ahh okay, I can see that this would make sense for group views (if someone’s just a guest don’t let them mess up what the internal team is doing).

Would be nice to have it for views that only I use :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

-Alex

Happy to help, Alex!